Are you looking foward to start a blog to promote your services, share your knowledge, quit your job or even start a side hustle? Then you have come to the right place. More than half of successful businesses start with blogging.
There are a lot of advantages of starting your blog such as building an audience to share your knowledge with, network with other bloggers and entrepreneures and make money online. There is no shortcut to success, if you want a successful blog you muat be ready to roll up your sleeves and get to publishing quality articles consistently.
What is a blog?
A blog is a website, webpage or a space in a popular platform such as medium.com that is updated on a regular basis sharing valuable content. Moreover, it comprises of blog posts that have been published by a blogger. Once you have a blog you can share your personal experiences on a particular niche/topic thus establishing and building your personal brand.
Alternatively, this can be used by a business in order to achieve a desired goal. For example, a company that deals with health nutrition may adopt a blog in order to create impressions and gain a relevant audience who are interested in health nutrition who become customers. Having a blog for your business has more pros than cons.
What is a Blog Post?
A blog post is an article published on your blog in form of a web page that addresses a particular topic in your blog niche. A good blog post should address a problem being solved for a particular audience at a particular time. Example:-
You can have a blog for dog training and may decide to write a blog post on ” How to train your dog to open a door in 2022 : Step-by-step”. This blog post was created for dog owners who want to train dogs to open a door in 2022. In this case we are solving a problem for dog owners in 2022.
Why should you start a blog?
There are several benefits of starting a blog and why you should grow it. Some of them are:
- Getting traffic for your company/brand by ranking on top of major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yandex Webmaster. Enroll your blog/website on these search engines to enable your content rank better.
- Magnet visitors to your website that will turn into sales leads and turn them into loyal customers. Ensure you promote your services/products to your audience and tell them the benefits of buying from you and not your competitors.
- Give your insight, opinion & experiences in the niche/industry that you are in. This will enable you to become an expert in the industry. By givin knowledge you tend to learn more as you blog since you are ever researching on how to improve your blog posts.
- Build your influence online and have an audience that rallies & supports you. Having a supportive audience will make your online business career be successful and vice versa.
- Attract Investors, sponsorships, partnerships and worldwide networks . This is very key for your brand/company as your network is your net worth. Networking with other professionals in the industry will help you in growing your blog and company by expanding to other markets and regions that you have partnerships
- Monetize your blog and have a both active and passive income. Blogs can be monetized by different methods but the most popular one amogst publishers is Google AdSense and affiliate marketing.
How to start a blog
Staring a blog as never been easier. All you need to do is follow these steps:
1. Find a niche.
A niche is a market gap that you have identified, to choose a niche you need to find a topic you love talking about, have knowledge on and can be monetizable. You can go to major search engines (google, Quora, YouTube, Bing) to find what people are searching for.
In this case you can see people are searching for how to build muscles faster, Now we can decide that our niche is gym oriented if you have a passion for gym workouts.
2. Choose a brand name
This will be the name of your brand and website. You can go to namelix.com to help you choose your name or just skip to the next step if you already have a name in mind. Namelix is AI powered and will generate a name for you in seconds. In our case I typed “gym”
3. Choose a Domain Name
A domain name is a name for your servers IP address where your website will be hosted. Go to domain.com and search for an available domain.
4. Go to our main website
5. Scroll down to website packages, choose your preferred package and Order Now.
6. We host, build, design and develop your website and blog using WordPress. We will train you on how to write powerful articles and help you get Google AdSense verified to enable you start making money online as soon as possible. You will also access to exclusive blog posts and membership in our forum.
How to write a blog post in WordPress
Once we have trained you/your employees on how to use WordPress you will now be able to access your blog and all the amazing features that come with it. Follow the following steps to write a blog :
- Go to your WordPress dashboard
- Then click on posts
- At the top of the page click on Add new
- Write the title of your blog post, URL , focus key phrase, meta description and set the focus image( Thumbnail )
- Write content for your blog post with an introduction followed by sub-topics , conclusion and share icons
- Click on publish.
- Share your blog post on your social media platforms.
Create a content plan strategy for your blog posts.
I have dedicated a full blog post on how to create a content plan strategy but basically this is a plan to help you become a successful blogger and make it a full-time job that earns you revenue.
Monetize your Blog
There are various ways to monetize your blog in 2022. All you need is a way to ensure your audience gives you value and makes sense for you financially and time spent. Personally I spent half a day writing 1 comprehensive blog post, truthfully it is not easy however if you have the zeal you will reap the good fruits. Some of the ways to monetize your blog is :
- Google AdSense
- Affiliate Marketing
- Selling of Digital Products
- Selling of Ad spaces
- Freelancing services
- Selling of online courses
Promote your blog to grow your online brand.
This sub-topic really deserves its own blog posts as it is very content intensive intensive. Every online brand has its own digital marketing strategy that will work for them and ensure a return on investment( ROI) . Promoting you blog is basically getting visitors to your blog posts in order to interact with your content and become customers. One can promote their blog through various ways such as :
- Social Media Ads ( Facebook ads, Quora Ads, YouTube Ads, Google Ads etc)
- E-mail marketing if you have a E-mail list
- Influencer Alignment and shout outs
- Blog Collaborations etc.
If this blog post has helped you, don’t forget to share , comment , join our forum and subscribe to our newsletter.